Power Morphicon Express Rules and Regulations
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Everyone must comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances and regulations at all times.
Power Morphicon Express expects respectful and courteous behavior from all attendees. Please be considerate of the Guests of Honor, Staff, Convention Grounds, Hotels, and your fellow attendees.
Power Morphicon Express is a family friendly, PG-13 and under event. Please keep this in mind and behave appropriately. Following this simple Code of Conduct helps ensure a safe convention and that everyone will have fun. Your own good judgment and courtesy towards others are key.
Please watch out for each other, take care of one another, help those who need help, and be careful. Play it clean, sober, and safe! Please don’t leave the Event with strangers, and make sure that your friends know when you leave or if you are going home early.
- Please don’t hesitate to call security if you see anything suspicious.
- Minors should not go to hotel rooms with unknown adults.
To participate in and/or attend Power Morphicon Express you must comply with this Code of Conduct in order to attend and/or participate in these Events. Power Morphicon Express reserves the right to modify and/or update the policy at any time without prior notice. Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in forfeiture of your Event badge, your expulsion from the Event and/or termination of your position with Power Morphicon Express.
“No” means “no.” “Stop” means “stop.” “Go away” means “go away.”
Harassment of any kind, including physical assault, battery, deliberate intimidation, stalking, or unwelcome physical attentions, will not be tolerated. If people tell you “no” or to leave them alone, your business with them is done. If you continue to attempt to have contact with those people, you will be removed from the premises.
The following general rule supersedes all others and may be invoked at any time:
Any action or behavior that causes significant interference with convention operations, excessive discomfort to other attendees, or adversely affects the convention’s relationship with its guests, its venues or the public is strictly forbidden and may result in permanent suspension of membership. A designated “Safe Space” will be set up for guests who feel unsafe to have quiet time away from the convention, and security will be available on site during Power Morphicon Express should you need to report an incident. An offender may lose their badge and the matter may be referred to the proper law enforcement authorities. If you are being harassed, immediately contact security or a nearby member of staff.
Power Morphicon Convention/Power Morphicon Express does not tolerate bullying or harassment within the community in any shape or form. This not only includes bullying and harassment at the convention itself, but also leading up to the show. This includes both in person and online.
Power Morphicom Express will not tolerate any online libel/slander, defamation, volatile/aggressive language, or tagging of itself, employees, volunteers, vendors, or guests in posts that are meant to harass, negatively target, or “bring to justice” any life events that did not occur on the convention grounds and premises.
Such individuals will be banned from attendance to Power Morphicon Convention/Power Morphicon Express. Formal complaints or genuine concerns can be sent to us via email, which we will assess and address, but public shaming or chasing after people is bullying.
PROHIBITED ACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
The following, as such violations are determined in Power Morphicon Express’ sole discretion, are not permitted at the Event or its surrounding areas, including the parking lots, hotels, plazas, and structures:
- Failure to be appropriately clothed, as determined by the sole discretion of Power Morphicon Express. Please follow local laws, rules, and regulations when selecting your costume.
- Assaulting, threatening, behaving inappropriately to another person, discriminating conduct of any nature whatsoever, making racial, religious, ethnic, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, or other slurs, bullying, cyberbullying, and/or expressing any act of hatred towards another.
- Lewd or offensive behavior, such as profanity, obscene language or conduct, exposing nipples or genitals, making recordings in bathrooms, bedrooms, or of nipples, genitals or up skirts.
- Conducting commercial or business transactions without Power Morphicon Express’ prior written consent, including without limitation, selling food or beverages from unauthorized carts, stands, or ice chests inside or outside Event venues or hotels; solicitation of money, contributions, or donations; distribution of commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind, such as signs, flyers, cards, or offers of discounts on rides, or other products or services; or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution.
- Unlawful conduct or failure to comply with the policies, rules, or instructions of Power Morphicon Express, Event staff, the Event facility, the hotel affiliated with the Event, or law enforcement officers.
- Smoking / Vaping:
- Never Inside: No smoking or vaping is permitted inside any of the Event Facilities, unless there is a place specifically designated by the Event Facility that permits either.
- Limited Outside: Smoking or vaping must be at least 20 feet away from all entrances.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing alcoholic beverages
- Possessing any illegal substance. Power Morphicon Express DOES NOT tolerate illegal substances in or around Events.
- Any action that impedes the flow of traffic, creates a potential or actual hazardous condition, or is deemed to interfere with Power Morphicon Express. Individuals may be asked to move or discontinue their actions. By way of example, an individual may be asked to relocate or terminate an activity in order to disperse a crowd which impedes traffic flow.
- Any noise or music that is disruptive to other attendees or the operation of the Power Morphicon Express.
- No Soliciting
- Riding Hoverboards / Skateboards / Non-ADA Scooters / Segways: if you have one of these, please check it in at bag check or, if it fits, please keep it inside your bag within the Event Facilities.
- Using Roller Skates / Roller Blades
Costume & Clothing Policy
Please keep in mind that Power Morphicon Express is a PG-13 or under event and plan your attire accordingly.
Private parts must be covered with no risk of indecent exposure.
Costumes must comply with federal, state, and local laws and customs of public decency.
All costumes worn in the convention center must fit through a standard doorway.
For any costumes with limited visibility or movement Power Morphicon Express strongly recommends having a “handler” to help with crowd navigation and safety. If you choose to forgo a “handler” please be aware that if PMCX staff deem your lack of handler to constitute a safety risk you will be asked to change.
Real weapons of any kind are NOT permitted at Power Morphicon Express. This includes, but is not limited to: guns, knives, swords, bows and arrows, spears, whips, mace and tasers. Any prop or weapon which is illegal in the United States is prohibited.
In order to carry a prop at PMCX, you must have it peace-bonded at the designated peace-bonding station. All props will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
Only props which are part of a cosplay/go with a costume will be allowed.
You must be in costume to carry a peace-bonded prop.
Gun-like props must have an orange safety tip at the end of the barrel that is clearly visible from the side.
No projectiles. If you wish to use a Nerf or water gun to create your prop it must be completely non-functional. Likewise, any bow type prop must be either completely unstrung or incapable of holding tension.
Props must be able to easily fit through a standard doorway.
Using props in an unsafe or threatening manner may result in your peace-bonding being revoked requiring you to remove the prop from the convention area immediately.
Signs in general are prohibited. Any signs allowed for cosplay purposes must be an integral part of the character you are cosplaying and subject to peace bonding.
Failure to comply with the removal of a prohibited prop will result in the loss of your badge and expulsion from the convention.
Photography and Videography
Photographs and video are allowed in all common areas of the convention unless otherwise specified. Specific rules and restrictions apply at certain events and panels. For more information regarding restrictions please consult the program guide at the convention and pay attention to signs and/or announcements when entering a panel or event area.
Photography or videography of Power Morphicon Express events, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, or publication to the press is expressly forbidden unless written permission has been obtained from Power Morphicon Express in accordance with its press policy. Individuals may take pictures and videos for private viewing.
Acceptance of a Power Morphicon Express admission constitutes consent to be filmed or photographed by Power Morphicon staff or approved industry or media during the Power Morphicon event without compensation to you. Your acceptance of a membership and attendance at any Power Morphicon event, including the convention, constitutes a grant of rights to Power Morphicon to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use any footage or parts of the footage that it affixes in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
These rules apply to all attendees, guests, and staff.
Buying, Selling, and Solicitation
Power Morphicon Express will have a vendor/exhibitor/dealer hall. All sales and anyone who receives payment for goods in the convention space must comply with the convention’s vendor/exhibitor rules regardless of location. All vendors must have a California Seller’s Permit. Other restrictions may apply. Please see our exhibitor registration page if you wish to become a vendor/exhibitor.
Any solicitation, whether verbally or using signage, for monetary payment or exchange of services at the convention that does not comply with these restrictions may result in the offender losing their badge, the requirement to return all payments, and expulsion from the convention area.
Some examples of solicitation or sale that are prohibited are musicians requesting tips, setting up artwork for sale in the halls, and passing out signs or cards to people soliciting their business in areas other than the aforementioned commerce areas. Please also note that certain solicitations are ILLEGAL and will result in membership badge forfeiture, and possible referral to the proper law enforcement authorities.
Any solicitation or selling outside requires a street vendor license from the city and/or county.
Signs offering favors for sale such as kisses, hugs, dates, gropes, spankings, etc. are strictly prohibited and go against Power Morphicon Express’ Code of Conduct and Polities. Attempts to circumvent any of these rules such as throwing money and merchandise on the ground and other such tactics are also prohibited. Use common sense and engage in appropriate and family-friendly behavior.
All signs are prohibited unless approved for specific use by Power Morphicon. Cosplay is not an exception from the prohibition and cosplay signage falls under Power Morphicon Express’ props/weapons peace bonding policy. Unapproved signs will be confiscated and/or destroyed. Repeat offenses may lead to your being required to forfeit your attendee badge and result in a ban from the convention.
Badges and event tickets will NOT be sent via mail.
Members will have their tickets emailed to them via ShowClix. Photo ID and Membership receipt required for badge pick up. Registration hours will be posted closer to the time of the convention.
Ticket sales cover the full two days at the show. There is no single-day ticket, just general admission and VIP.
Children 12 and under get in free with the purchase of a General Admission Ticket.
Additional questions can be emailed to email@example.com